We all know the thrill of walking down the hall to discover a package awaiting you at the door. Nothing says pick-me-up like a box of goodies from home. It’s difficult, however, to send gifts to your loved ones from school. Here are some of the easiest and sweetest ways to send your love for all different occasions.
1. BoxFox. This site allows you to assemble a personalized collection of posh little knickknacks that no one really needs but will love to receive. Choose from prepackaged boxes or create one yourself. Choose from gifts like bow-shaped paper clips, rock candy, matches, bath salts, and candles. (http://shopboxfox.com)
2. Magnolia Bakery. Let me particularly recommend the sea salt caramel cookies. You may think sending six of these will be enough to share, but don’t kid yourself. Send the whole dozen and while you’re at it, send yourself some too. (http://www.magnoliabakery.com)
3. Monogram. Nothing says thoughtful like the classic monogrammed gift. You can find a vendor on etsy.com to monogram pretty much anything you can think of. For example, check out these unnecessarily large wine glasses (for our 21 and over crowd).(https://www.etsy.com/listing/174686364/monogrammed-wine-glass-bridal-party-gift?ref=shop_home_feat_3)
4. Mystery Potato. This one is for that friend who needs a good laugh or simply to entertain yourself with their reaction. Choose from small, medium, or large potato, and they’ll engrave your message on it. Also new to the site, you can send bars of soap too. All anonymously! (http://www.mysterypotato.com)
5. Flowers. Nothing brightens up someone’s day like flowers. I know what you’re thinking and no, it’s not weird to send a friend flowers. But I would advise against sending yourself flowers because that’s a really uncomfortable situation to talk yourself out of if someone finds out. The only downside to flowers is that the typical college kid struggles to keep themselves alive, let alone a plant. (http://www.teleflora.com)
6. Glitter Bombs. Yes, you can actually send people glitter bombs that will blow up in their faces. Originally designed to send to your enemies, but friends and frenemies work too. (https://shipyourenemiesglitter.com)
7. Junk. Lastly, there’s always the “I’m a broke college student and can only afford the box and postage” care package. It’s the thought that counts, right? So pack up all the random junk in your room and write a heartfelt letter about all the things you were going to send, but didn’t.